The Alliance’s activities are based on guidelines collectively developed by publishers, which are focused on 5 main actions :
1. Facilitation of an international and intercultural independent publishers network
2. Creation of an Bibliodiversity Observatory : studies, analysis, measure tools, and resource centre on bibliodiversity
3. Hosting and facilitation of international meetings, thematic and capacity building workshops to enable sharing, including through the Digital Lab of the Alliance
4. Support international editorial partnerships (solidary copublishings, translations, copyrights transfers)
5. Implementation of advocacy activities in support of freedom of edition, independent publishing and bibliodiversity.