These 80 recommendations are build on the principles upheld in the 2014 International Declaration of independent publishers, an important document promoting bibliodiversity, signed on September 20th, 2014 by more than 400 independent publishers from 45 countries (International Assembly of independent publishers, under the patronage of UNESCO).
These recommendations aimed at public authorities, international organisations, and book professionals, for the development, maintenance and strengthening of bibliodiversity in concerned countries.
Contents of the 80 recommendations & tools in support of bibliodiversity :
* Public policies safeguarding bibliodiversity
* Proposals and activities supporting digital bibliodiversity
* The Amazon system, a threat to bibliodiversity ?
* Essential measures for publishing in local and national languages
* Rethinking book donations
* Proposals and activities to develop solidarity publishing partnerships
* Activities to strengthen a plural youth publishing
For all book actors to take ownership of these recommendations and tools, we invite you to contact us with your comments, suggestions, ideas and proposals that could enhance and strengthen this document.