Few days before the Seine-Saint-Denis children’s Book Fair in Montreuil (30 November-5 December 2016), twelve children’s book publishers and graphic designers from Benin, Brazil, France, Madagascar, Morocco, Portugal, and Togo will gather for a workshop on creation and graphic design in children’s book publishing. Through knowledge sharing, the participants will work on their on-going projects, tackling issues like text/images layout, pictures processing, specificity of bilingual books, tones and colours tones on books cover...
The workshop aims at :
- opening new horizons, discovering new approaches, not being stuck with some frames and norms ;
- questioning knowledge and professional practices of the publishers and of the graphic designers ;
- collectively finding resources and solutions to solve some obstacles ;
- sharing some existing (or to-be-created) tools ;
- reinforcing professional partnerships between African, Brazilian and European publishers.
This workshop follows the workshop organized in November 2015 (Graphic design in children’s book publishing - Africa/Europe perspectives). It is supported by the Centre national du livre, the French Institute of Brazil, and the French Institute of Madagascar. All participants agreed to volunteer their services – we thank them once again.