The complete presentation of the meeting is being finalized... already, some elements on this event: the Conference is a process carried out over 3 years. It has commenced in 2019, with several workshops and meetings: Madrid (April 2019), Geneva (May 2019), Abidjan (May 2019), Santiago de Chile (October 2019).
The Conference will continue well into 2020… to end in 2021 in Pamplona, Basque Country (when the closing meeting of the Conference will be held).
In 2021, the Alliance will celebrate its 20 years of existence!
- 20 years is an appropriate age to remind ourselves of our core beliefs, commitments, responsibilities. The Alliance was built on trust, solidarity, humanity, and a profound belief in the social, emancipatory and liberating role of the book. Convinced also that the principles it defends are intertwined with its practice: thus, the principles of reciprocity and equity feature largely in the exchanges that characterise the governance of the association: namely that of respect, listening and curiosity…;
- 20 years is the opportunity to celebrate this shared journey while pursuing this journey, to RETHINK together;
- 20 years is also an opportunity to report on our activities, projects, and advocacy carried out by the Alliance; to celebrate our incredible achievements; but also to learn from our mistakes and mishaps;
- 20 years is an age whereby we want to go further and further, to remain a conscious and creative actor in terms of ecology, social economy and solidarity, of new ways of reaching readers, of collaborative practices amongst professionals in the field, of freedom of publishing, of fair speech…
- 20 years is the age when we dream, hope, believe, where we want to dance and laugh;
- 20 years is an important anniversary, it is an anniversary that we do not want to forget and that we shall celebrate!
Follow the Conference on the Alliance website and social networks!