The touring “Tehran Book Fair, Uncensored”, organized in May in the same time as Tehran Book Fair in Iran, will occur for the third year, thanks to Farsi-speaking publishing houses based in Europe and North America.
Publishers, authors, and translators from and into Farsi are thus gathering in several cities in Europe and North America to circulate Farsi books (especially some censored in Iran) and books about Iran (in French, English, German…).
A special occasion to know a literature that has escaped from the censors. A free literature. Some muzzled voices that express themselves.
From May 4 to 27, 2018, the Tehran Book Fair Uncensored will occur in :
- London (UK), May 4-6, at the Library for Iranian Studies
- Markham (Ontario, Canada), May 5, at Bamdad Book Store
- Cologne (Germany), May 8-9, at Forough Book Store
- Hamburg (Germany), May 10, at Rothenbaumchaussee 34
- Paris (France), 11-12 May, at the Charles Léopold Mayer Fondation (Paris 11)
- Paris (France), May 13, at the Palais de la Femme (Paris 12)
- Bremen (Germany)
- Berlin (Germany)
- Copenhagen (Denmark)
Some resources to know more on the subject :
- Publishing in Persian language, a study realised by the Alliance in 2015
- “To be an Iranian publisher in France”, testimony by Tinouche Nazmjou (Naakojaa/éditions du non-où publishing house), February 2016 (in French)