Since 2010, the International Bibliodiversity Day (B Day) is celebrated on 21 September (Spring Day in the Southern hemisphere) by independent publishers. On the programme this year :
- in Spain, in Tenerife, the African Book Fair 2011, taking place from 21 to 25 September 2011, will host the publisher members of the Alliance at round tables and meetings, and will provide a platform for the Alliance to officially launch B Day (see programme below) ;
- in France, a workshop on bibliodiversity will bring together some representatives of the book industry’s professional associations (booksellers, librarians, publishers) ;
- in Latin America, national publishers collectives are mobilising and will be facilitating numerous activities, read the blog at eldiab.org ;
- consult the Wikipedia article on “bibliodiversity”, available in Portuguese, Spanish, French and English ;
- in Australia, the artist Judy Horacek draws bibliodiversity ;
- in Turkey, the painter Emine Bora illustrates biblodiversity ;
- in India, the artist Alpana Khare represents bibliodiversity ;
- in South Africa, bibliodiversity is interpreted by a designer - see the illustrations below !
And what’s happening in your part of the world ? Tell us about your activities !